With different air conditioning units offering various pros and cons, it’s important to know the ins and outs of all your options before purchasing and installing one. Outdoor air conditioning, also known as split air conditioning, offers owners a host of benefits that often outweigh other cooling options.
Outdoor air conditioning is split into two operating components, which consist of an internal and an external unit. The internal component acts as the fan and evaporator, whilst the external unit carries out compression functions. This outdoor unit is positioned on the ground or on a wall.
It works by taking in hot air through the internal fan component and passing it out of the compression unit outside. This means that all of the hot air exits the room and ends up in the outdoors, instead of remaining inside.
- As a cooling option that’s quick and easy to operate, you’ll find that split systems are a breeze to use. Activated with a simple remote control, split systems cool or heat spaces very rapidly.
- Such units are especially good at offering targeted cooling where it is needed most. This means less wasted money and energy on cooling or heating empty spaces.
- They are affordable to install, and work off of a series of small pipes and cables. This means there is little disruption to the actual structure of your premises as the fittings required are small. There is no ductwork required, adding to a faster and more cost-effective installation.
- Units like these, which are powered off electricity, are good candidates for alternative sources of energy like solar power.
- Split units pose low maintenance costs for owners as they contain filters, which can be easily removed and cleaned without calling specialists to maintain the internal unit.
- Many units have both heating and cooling abilities, so you can use the same unit all year, instead of investing in one to heat and one to cool.
- You can enjoy better air quality with many units offering air purifying to combat allergens and dust without allowing them to linger throughout the property.
At AHI Toshiba, we go the extra mile to ensure that every member of our clientele receives the air cooling system that best suits them. For more on our comprehensive ranges of residential and light commercial solutions, view our website today www.ahi-toshibasa.co.za